« Main

Family Room Sofa and Ottoman

This project has been in the works for a while.  I have been doing it in stages and forgot to take a proper “before” picture.  It feels like it has been only partially done for several months.

005_thumb1[1]

Great denim sofa I bought from a friend before I left Sandpoint.  But, I knew I wanted something lighter.

005_thumb1

Natural Bull Denim.  I know, brave choice, but I’ve always wanted a Natural Denim Sofa.

009_thumb1

I decided on much cleaner lines and a tailored skirt instead of one with kick-pleats, this time.

004_thumb1

I like the worn-in look of the washed denim.  Perfect for this casual space.

015_thumb1

Here’s the basic ottoman in blue denim, before.

017_thumb1

018_thumb1

I wanted this to have a little character because the sofa was so simple.  A basic ruffle and jute-type trim did the trick.

020_thumb1

I love how it brightens up this room.  Now, for the pillows . . . . .

If you’d like your chair, ottoman, or sofa to have their own makeover, be sure to check out

Candy Striped Window Seats and a Cushy Mudroom Bench

All these rooms needed were window seat pads and covers – one for the girls’ room and one for the playroom.  This pink and green stripe is absolutely sweet with the whimsical pink piping.

005_thumb[1]

Perfect fit.

007_thumb[1]

The mudroom was in need of a soft cushion for the bench.  I love this fabric she picked out – perfect with the wood.

004_thumb[1]

This girl is happy.  Guaranteed she’s thinking of moving her pillow tonight.

Book a project today.  It will make you happy.

Adding a Little Elegance to a Lovely Stool

001_thumb[1]

I love the legs and shape of this great upholstered stool.  It was upholstered in brown linen, but Sharon wanted it to have a little more elegance and richness.

008_thumb[1]

This fabric was perfect.  I love how it turned out and I am picturing they will look great in her home.

002_thumb[1]

Yes, there were two.

003_thumb[2] 004_thumb[4]

This was actually a slipcover hybrid project – probably a term I just made up.  I made a slipcover for the top, and then actually upholstered it to the stool, which is how it was originally done.  I’m glad we did it this way, because it has a nice little cover and Velcro and it just looks more finished.  Not a dramatic change, but I like how it turned out.